Monday, February 19, 2007

"Stoup"

Is it soup? Is it stew? No...it's stoup! I did not coin the term. Rachael Ray did. But it's a very good one and should be cooked up more often. Seth and I made a delightful stoup of chicken and italian sausage for the presidents birthdays. The first time I made this meal was in sunny San Diego with my cousins. Auntie was working, so cousin Mike and I had to feed Marc and Graeson. They were very happy when we sat down to eat, and I still remember Graeson's full mouth with little bits of tortilla chips spraying out when he said, "Mmm, this is good."


As you can see from the picture, the aroma of stoup also had an interesting effect on Seth. He became rather enamored with the pot of bubbling potatoes, peppers, beans and chicken...I've never seen this happen before in real life, but I did just recently see the movie Like Water for Chocolate, and know that when cooked with love food can have strange and wonderful effects on people...

This stoup is quite easy, can be made in one pot, and should necessarily be topped with cheese and crumbled tortilla chips.

Chicken, Chorizo and Tortilla Stoup
www.foodnetwork.com

Like Water for Chocolate (Como Agua para Chocolate)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103994/

No comments: